portoluz is always seeking bright, self-motivated and reliable people to join our team. In general, we are looking for board members, advisory board and committee members, interns, volunteers, and donors. If you have about 6 hours a month, wish to meet an enthusiastic group of talented folks and want to get involved in a great project-- contact us! Please send us a brief note describing what your interest is in our organization and what skills or resources you wish to contribute. If you have a resume or C.V. that you can attach that will be helpful. Many thanks for your interest.
portoluz member job description
- Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings.
- Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Is an active participant in the committee's annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Participates in fund raising for the organization.
DONORS AND SPONSORS
portoluz stretches every dollar and donation!
If you have access to any of the following wish list items and/or wish to make a tax deductible donation, please contact us.
- Office supplies; paper, ink, excellent condition: laptops, printers, furniture
- Miles: airline miles for our travel to conferences
- Printing and Postage
- Food, Beverages and Catering: for meetings and our artists/presenters
- Lodging ( for our artists)
- Legal and Accounting Services
- PR and Marketing Services
- IT support
- Venues (conference rooms, retreat centers, private homes for events)
- ground transportation (limo or car service for transporting artists)
If you are a performer, guest curator, exhibitor or other party interested in collaborating with portoluz, please send:
a short bio statement or press kit in English, recent sample of your work, time available and fee expectations: to portoluz: 1310 West Thorndale Chicago, Il. 60660. Work submitted will not be returned unless a SASE with sufficient postage is enclosed. Please follow up your inquiry with an email to portoluz AT gmail DOT com